Monday, August 6, 2012

The Dreaded Question



















You know, that moment when you're at the family reunion or run into an old friend's mom at the grocery store and they so innocently ask "So ____ (insert nickname you haven't used in 10 years) what are you doing these days?" Chills run up your spine and immediate underarm perspiration begins. The answer always begins with "Well..." and is usually followed by a quick recap of every resume you've submitted the past year and an over-exaggeration of your mind numbing assistant job. Truthfully, my reply should include the endless hours of pinning my future wedding, mastering the art of DIY picture frame projects and navigating the oh-so-difficult map of Grey's Anatomy reruns. The simple question meant for friendly catch up has become one of the most dreaded to many early twenty-somethings *except for those perfectly annoying few that already have it all together and of course they have their wedding planned for next June. I'm slowly learning to be content in this dragging period in my life and it's already looking up for me. The next time someone blurts this lovely phrase I can add "Oh yeah-and I just started my own blog..."

How do you deal with this bundle of joy?

     -SQ

No comments:

Post a Comment